This sauce is great to top veggie pasta or a chicken dish.
- 2 Cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 Cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast (if can tolerate it)
- 1 Tbs rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 Cup onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash butternut squash and cut half lengthwise. Scoop out all seeds from inside.
- Place halves face down on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Allow the butternut squash to cool, scoop it into a high powered blender and add the remaining ingredients (except tomato, onion, basil and parsley).
- Blend until smooth and put into stovetop pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion and fresh basil leaves and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Top the dish with chopped parsley.