SCD-Modified Against All Grain Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 Cup palm shortening
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.5 Cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, honey, egg and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chopped dates by hand.
- Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm of your Han for a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.