- 1/2 pound of carrots, unpeeled and chopped (~3 large carrots or equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon of peeled and grated ginger (~1 inch piece of ginger)
- 2 small leeks, pale green part sliced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 quart of homemade chicken stock (or filtered water)
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: blend in 1/2 bunch cilantro
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the oil.
- Add the leeks and a pinch of salt, saute them until soft.
- Add the ginger and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the carrots and a big pinch of salt and saute for a minute or two more.
- Add the stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.