- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch of spring onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems removed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2.5 cups water or bone broth
- 2 2inch pieces of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat olive oil to medium and saute onion until translucent.
- Add in garlic and stir for a minute.
- Mix in asparagus and give everything a stir.
- Add water/broth and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes until everything is tender.
- Take off of heat and blend in tahini and lemon juice.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.